Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and Beat

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
 BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser:
"For the first time, she was grateful for the city's blackout conditions.  She slipped into the darkness on the sidewalk and all but disappeared." (185  Hannah, Kristin.  The Nightingale. New York:  St. Martin's Press. 2015.)

8 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting teaser. We almost had a blackout here last year, wondering what it would be like if it happened for real.

    Here is my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our power went out last week during the morning and I was antsy. I think I'd hate a blackout. I can't inagine it during a war.

      Delete
    2. Our power went out last week during the morning and I was antsy. I think I'd hate a blackout. I can't inagine it during a war.

      Delete
  3. One of my favorite books about WWII. Almost as good as All the Light We Cannot See and City of Thieves. Almost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had All the Light We Cannot See on my TBR stack for several months. I guess I will put it on the top. Thanks Les

      Delete
    2. I've had All the Light We Cannot See on my TBR stack for several months. I guess I will put it on the top. Thanks Les

      Delete